[Haskell-cafe] Haskell DB and XML libs: one user's experience

S. Alexander Jacobson alex at alexjacobson.com
Thu May 18 12:39:54 EDT 2006

It sort of depends on whether you are a client, a server, or an
intermediary.

HAppS has a wrapper around HaXML designed to make it really easy to
generate XML.  My HAppS apps use it to generate XML and then rely on
external XSLT processors to transform that XML to HTML or MIME as
needed.  You can check out the http://pass.net source code for an
example of how that works (darcs get http://pass.net/s/repo).

Client side XML is the big mystery for me right now.  In particular, I
am looking for a nice way to talk to SOAP servers (in particular
PayPal) and am looking at using HAIFA for that, but have not had the
time to explore enough to make a recommendation.  Note: HAIFA is
intended to operate SOAP servers so this is an area for exploration.

-ALex-