[Haskell-cafe] Porting GHC to OSX86?

Gregory Wright gwright at comcast.net
Wed Mar 22 08:45:17 EST 2006

Hi,

DP will support the i386 build as soon as Wolfgang makes his
changes available.  As I understand, from earlier messages on one
of the ghc* lists, this is almost done for the pre-6.6 branch, but not
yet backported to the 6.4.x branch.

Also, DP uses a binary bootstrap compiler to build ghc, rather than
starting from the .hc files.  I've been meaning to try it, but I can't
promise any schedule as work and life have distracted me from
code recently.

Best Wishes,
Greg

(darwinports ghc maintainer)