[Haskell-cafe] how would this be done? type classes? existential types?

Lennart Augustsson lennart at augustsson.net
Thu Mar 16 07:39:25 EST 2006

You can't give unRs a type.
What I usually do in this situation is to make the Rs type
a Resource too.

instance Resource Rs where
     resourceName    (Rs a)   =     resourceName a
     resourceAdvance (Rs a)   = Rs (resourceAdvance a)
     resourceStarved (Rs a)   =     resourceStarved a
     resourceSpend   (Rs a) i = Rs (resourceSpend a i)
     resourceEarn    (Rs a) i = Rs (resourceEarn a i)

And then you export Rs (with some mkRs=Rs if you export
it abstractly) and the Resource class.  Then you can
use Rs to make your heterogeneous lists and class ops
to manipulate them.

	-- Lennart