[Haskell-cafe] GUI-Woes

Daniel Fischer daniel.is.fischer at web.de
Tue Mar 14 11:15:20 EST 2006

Okay, I've got myself gtk2hs now (and remebered what shied me away the first
time: click on dowload opens Pandora's cookie box).
Seems to work, although linking takes ages and the binaries are
awe-inspiringly huge.
Now two questions remain (well, two I find fit to post here):
- is there a user-manual or tutorial ?
- when building with --enable-docs, how far should the ghc-docdir-path reach?
I tried /usr/local/share/ghc-6.4.1/html/libraries and
/usr/local/share/ghc-6.4.1/html and was confronted with lots of
WARNING: could not resolve ...
in both cases.

Cheers,
Daniel

Am Montag, 13. März 2006 10:11 schrieben Sie:
> On Mon, 2006-03-13 at 09:58 +0100, Daniel Fischer wrote:
> > Hello All,
> >
> > how would I get myself a working (and easy to use) GUI-library?
>
> There are two main GUI libraries at the moment: Gtk2Hs and wxHaskell.
>
> http://haskell.org/gtk2hs/
> http://wxhaskell.sourceforge.net/
>
> Both will work with current versions of GHC etc. You can either use
> distro packages if they're available for your distro or build from
> source.
>
> Personally I'd recommend Gtk2Hs but then I'm biased because I help
> maintain Gtk2Hs :-).
>
> Duncan

	-- Blair P. Houghton