[Haskell-cafe] GUI-Woes

Daniel Fischer daniel.is.fischer at web.de
Mon Mar 13 03:58:12 EST 2006

Hello All,

how would I get myself a working (and easy to use) GUI-library?

Fudgets looks good, but I couldn't get it to build.
I downloaded the snapshot from 2005, how to compile says
make ghc-all; make ghc-install,
but it doesn't work.
First, in several scripts/makefiles, the ghc version 4.06 was hardwired, after
some editing make complained about not finding lmlmk, whatever that is.
If that's all that I would need to build it successfully, where would I get
it?

I also tried FranTk, doesn't look bad either, but has ghc -version 4.04
hardwired, imports IOExts, which I think would have to be replaced with
GHC.Exts, and Addr, which I have no clue what it should be now, anyway, it
seems pre-hierarchical-libraries, which would mean a lot of editing the
source-files.

So, since Fudgets does work in principle,
- which version should I use and where do I get it?
- what else would I have to download to get it to build?
- in case it isn't straightforward, how to build it?

I have a linux machine with ghc-6.4.1 and hugs, no HBC, NHC, JHC,..., no
GTk2hs (would I need that?).

Thanks,
Daniel

	-- Blair P. Houghton