[Haskell-cafe] Simple matrix

Bjorn Lisper lisper at it.kth.se
Wed Jun 21 17:37:38 EDT 2006

Here is one way to do it. First, you have to interpret operations on
matrices as being elementwise applied. E.g, (*) is interpreted as zipWith
(zipWith (*)) rather than matrix multiply, and similar for (+) etc. You then
obtain a lazy semantics for the operations, where the extent of the
resulting matrix is the intersection of the extents of the argument
matrices. Second, you lift constants into infinite matrices containing the
constant, that is: fromInteger n = repeat (repeat n). Now your examples will
work as intended.

Björn Lisper

Atila Romero: