[Haskell-cafe] Re: Functional programming for processing of large raster images

Joel Reymont joelr1 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 05:24:05 EDT 2006

I think the issue wasn't using functional programming for large image
processing, it was using Haskell. OCaml is notoriously fast and
strict. Haskell/GHC is... lazy.

Everyone knows that laziness is supposed to be a virtue. In practice,
though, I'm one of the people who either can't wrap their heads
around it or just find themselves having to fight it from the start.

Should we all switch to OCaml? I wish I had a criteria to determine
when to use Haskell and when to use OCaml.

--
http://wagerlabs.com/