[Haskell-cafe] what do you think of haskell ? (yes, it's a bit general ...:)

Sebastian Sylvan sylvan at student.chalmers.se
Thu Jun 15 13:31:17 EDT 2006

On 6/15/06, Joel Reymont <joelr1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jun 15, 2006, at 6:18 PM, Sebastian Sylvan wrote:
>
> > This may not be very helpful, but I would say that an Image is neither
> > a list nor an array - it's a function! :-)
>
> How exactly do you manipulate the bits and bytes of a function?

Well I suppose by returning a new function which produces the required
changes, and perhaps refers back to the old function in certain cases.

It's a neat abstraction, anyway, even if you at the very bottom have
some low level representation using pedestrian concepts such as bytes
and bits :-)

/S

--
Sebastian Sylvan