[Haskell-cafe] newbie type signature question

Brock Peabody brock.peabody at npcinternational.com
Sat Jun 10 12:59:14 EDT 2006

> From: Bulat Ziganshin [mailto:bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com]

> when you work with C++ or some other OOP language, you can define that
> some field in structure should some some specific interface and this
> allows to use functions of this interface on this field. i required
> the same feature in Haskell, for example:

I come from a C++ background, and there is no formal way in the language
to specify constraints for type (template) parameters; a major weakness
for generic programming.  Some interesting work is being done to add
this ability though, ex:
http://www.boost.org/libs/concept_check/concept_check.htm.

Regards,
Brock