[Haskell-cafe] Cabal and linking with static libs (.a files)

Ketil Malde ketil+haskell at ii.uib.no
Fri Jun 9 08:59:36 EDT 2006

(Reposted to café - my -libraries mail seems to have gotten lost along
the way)

I'm building an interface to a C library, which comes in the form of
two .a files.  I can't seem to get Cabal to link statically with
these, so that the resulting package (libHSfoo-v.v.a) is self

I've tried fiddling with Cabal's ld-options and extra-libraries, but
so far with no success - loading my package either results in GHC
looking for (and failing to find) .so files, or "unknown symbol".

PS: did --user stop working (with GHC 20060607)?  I'm adding --user to
both 'configure' and 'install', but Cabal still wants to put things in