[Haskell-cafe] Re: Editors for Haskell

Simon Peyton-Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Fri Jun 9 03:52:00 EDT 2006

GHC already carefully collects up almost all messages in a data type
called Message, so they are easy to re-direct.  However at the moment
they collected as strings (well as Pretty.Doc values actually) so they
have lost their structure.

I believe that at one time I had a data type for error messages, but
there are so many of them and they change pretty often that it was quite
a pain having a centralised data type for this.  And at the time there
was lots of pain and virtually no gain.

Changing this would be tedious but do-able.  If anyone wants to
undertake it, let us know.

Simon