[Haskell-cafe] Features of Haskell

Robin Green greenrd at greenrd.org
Sun Jun 4 06:04:44 EDT 2006

On Sun, 4 Jun 2006 11:21:23 +0200
Niels Van Och <niels.vanoch at student.uhasselt.be> wrote:
> However, I'd love to know what you think. Furthermore, do you think
> I should include an example on the usage of Haskell, and if so, which?

I have an idea. Find some real code in another language which uses
lots of state - so much state, in fact, that it's a pain to unit test
or debug the code because you have to set up lots of state. Then, sketch
an outline of how this code could be rewritten into Haskell,
so that state updates are contained within monads or eliminated
altogether, and perhaps separating the different tasks the code does
into different functions. Then illustrate how this can make testing and
debugging easier.
--
Robin