[Haskell-cafe] Trouble compiling wxhaskell

shelarcy shelarcy at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 22:55:05 EDT 2006

> On 7/31/06, David F. Place <d at vidplace.com> wrote:
>> Hi:
>> I'm having trouble compiling wxhaskell 0.9.4 under both ghc 6.4.2 and
>> ghc 6.5.   Does anyone know where I should direct my queries?

If you use ghc 6,4,2 under Windows platform, you
can use my patched version of wxHaskell.

And you can get my patch from Kamiariduki's source.

I also know Eric Y. Kow's unicode patch doesn't
include db problems fix. These problems has not
only wxWidgets 2.6.x change, but also unicode

I try to fix latter case, use attached after unicode
patch, this fixes compile problem ... but it has
another problem that can't use non-ascii characters
correctly. So, if want to accesss DB by wxHaskell's
ODBC, data is garbled and cause problems.

I don't know how to fix that.

Attached is already sent wxhaskell-user's list, but
you can't get this file. So I send again.

My patch where I put Kamiariduki's project page doesn't
include unicode support that I noticed above Mailng-List's

Don't worry about this. You can use both my patch and
unicode patch, if you want. These cause conflict message
but this is not problem.

On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 08:18:27 +0900, Jason Dagit
<dagit at eecs.oregonstate.edu> wrote:
> I've done this recently.  I put my notes on the wiki:
> http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/WxHaskell/Install#Windows

I don't know this problem when I made patch.
So, my patch doesn't fix this problem.

shelarcy <shelarcy    capella.freemail.ne.jp>