[Haskell-cafe] Baffled by Disk IO

SevenThunders mattcbro at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 30 15:17:01 EDT 2006

Florian Weimer wrote:

> * SevenThunders:
>
>> OK it was stupid.  Apparently GHC behaves differently according to what
>> the
>> name of the high level source file is.  If I renamed test.hc to main.hc
>> everything works the same as GHCi.  I probably should actually read the
>> manual some day.
>
> Some operating systems have a "test" program, which gets called if you
> just enter "test".  Try using "./test" and see if it makes a
> difference.

Sorry forgot to quote the original message.
and my reply:

Yes I do have another test on my path.  It is in a utilities directory of
unix like commands that have been ported to windows.  However I also have a
test.exe that was created by ghc that seems to do nothing, even if I type
./test.exe.  Thanks for the hint though.