[Haskell-cafe] Re: ANN: System.FilePath 0.9

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 11:40:29 EDT 2006

Hello Spencer,

Monday, July 24, 2006, 6:38:17 PM, you wrote:

> I've been writing a Stringable class for my SoC project.  You can
> check out the code at
> http://darcs.haskell.org/SoC/fps-soc/Data/Stringable.hs.

i've downloaded full fps-soc repository. 2 questions:

why you don't include this into FPS library? your modules anyway stay
alone, but for practical usage it would be more useful

why not extend this to the "class ListLike ce e | ce->e" ?  all
functions in your definitions is not Char-specific, so i think it's
just meaningless waste of generality. it will be great to import
list-processing functions definitions from MissingH and use them to
define either generic algorithms (which uses with any list-like data
structures) or list-specific ones

there are also similar classes in Collections (and Edison) libs, but
it seems that you (and Don) don't have any plans to interoperate with
these libs. at least, your class will be a great base for libs like
FilePath by Neil Mitchell

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com