[Haskell-cafe] Why Haskell?

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Mon Jul 24 03:24:36 EDT 2006

> 2) Recompiling binaries (necessary in order to link in foreign object
> code into GHCi) is slow using GHC.  Moreover I have to restart GHCi if I
> want to reload a changed DLL (unless there is a way to unload a DLL in
> GHCi).  It also requires jumping around between several console windows
> to get the job done.  (I'm not using an IDE does one exist?)
There are several. (I know of one using visual studio and eclipsefp)..
It should|nt be a problem to find them.. But I still prefer vim :)

Concerning switching between several console windows... Perhaps try
something like mrxvt which has several tabs to run more than one shell.
You can then use key combinations to switch.. (I haven't used mrxvt on
cygwin yet but I've read that it runs there)

Marc