[Haskell-cafe] Why Haskell?

Pepe Iborra mnislaih at gmail.com
Sun Jul 23 09:23:18 EDT 2006

> 1) Lack of debugging support.  Yes there are print statements and trace,
> but I would like to set a breakpoint.  It would be nice to do so and
> launch the GHCi interpreter with all the variable context supported.  A
> google search revealed that there is current work on this, but
> unfortunately the package is in cabal, which has spotty support in
> windows it seems.

You can find more info about this project in the Haskell wiki at:
 http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Ghci/Debugger

All you'd need to do is to compile ghc-6.5 with a few patches (if you
are in Windows you can use MinGW). But I am afraid you are right, this
is a work in progress and we are in the process of polishing some
serious issues right now. I can't really recommend it for now.

Cheers
pepe