[Haskell-cafe] The History of Haskell

Maarten Hazewinkel maarten.hazewinkel at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 03:07:06 EDT 2006

Simon and partners,

Thank you for this paper.

As a relative newcomer to Haskell, quite few topics on the mailing
lists went right past me. Now that I've read this paper a can at least
understand generally what most topics are about.

I'd definitely recommend this as reading material to anyone right
after they know a bit about the basic language from a tutorial. It
helps place the basic Haskell language in both its historical context,
and in the current Haskell universe with its miriad extensions and
tools.

Thanks again,

Maarten