[Haskell-cafe] RE: ANN: System.FilePath 0.9

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 10:57:22 EDT 2006

Hi,

> > In this library proposal, there are a bunch of "xxxDrive" functions .. [remove them]
> I strongly agree about this.

I have decided you are right, on Windows getDrive x can be written simply as:

getDrive x | isRelative x = ""
               | otherwise = head (getDirectories x)

And given that people probably shouldn't be playing with drives
anyway, if they do want to, they can do a bit more work. All the drive
related functions and therefore removed from the interface.

I have also added a canonicalPath function, support for spotting
file\con as invalid and fixing it, support for \\?\ paths (if you
don't know what they are, don't look it up, they are quite painful!)
and a few very obscure corner cases which broke some of the
properties.

Anyone have another other thoughts or comments?

Thanks

Neil