[Haskell-cafe] Re: [Gtk2hs-devel] announce: (preliminary) dbus haskell bindings

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jul 17 20:31:25 EDT 2006

That's great Evan!

I had actually been hoping that we'd get a student to do D-Bus bindings
for a Google Summer of Code project. Sadly we didn't get quite enough
places assigned for a D-Bus project to make it into our list.

I would be happy to include D-Bus bindings with Gtk2Hs as it's generally
been our intention to increase our coverage of the Gnome platform (while
of course preserving cross-platform support for the cross-platform
components like Gtk+, glade etc).

I've not looked carefully at the API yet but one suggestion I'd make
would be to put it under the System namespace, ie System.DBus

I see you're binding to the low level C API, I figured that'd be the
best approach.

Duncan