[Haskell-cafe] Unix gurus, help me please

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 11:59:43 EDT 2006

Hello Duncan,

Monday, July 17, 2006, 6:18:49 PM, you wrote:

>> - I include file io.h, but this particular system has "sys/io.h"

> Are you sure you need sys/io.h? What are you using from it? As far as I
> can see it doesn't define anything that you might want to use, just
> functions for reading and writing bytes from/to the non-portable unix io
> ports feature (aka /dev/port).

yes, only this _commit really. and how should i import this fsync
instead of _commit so that this import will work on all unix platforms
(supported by ghc and other compilers)?

is the following enough:

foreign import ccall unsafe "unistd.h fsync"
   c_commit :: CInt -> IO CInt

? or it's better to import it using HsBase.h?

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com