[Haskell-cafe] Re: ldap-haskell questions

Donn Cave donn at drizzle.com
Sun Jul 16 02:41:57 EDT 2006

Quoth Ferenc Wagner <wferi at tba.elte.hu>:
| find -type f | xargs grep -i tls
| revealed nothing in my ldap-haskell tree.  Isn't your interface
| available for the public by chance?

It isn't at the moment, and while I don't have anything like a
proprietary interest to keep me from posting it somewhere, at
the moment I like the idea better of trying to contribute that
and maybe one or two other things to this one.  I think mine's
OK for 300 lines of code, but ldap-haskell has some nice things
and is probably a better way forward.

The fun contribution will be SASL bind.  The TLS option is fairly
trivial - I think if you're in a hurry and don't want to wait for
it from ldap-haskell, you might be able to hack something up yourself.

Now that I look at what I did with ldap_set_option, I recall that
s actually a little difficult to assign a type, since the third
parameter is sometimes Int, Enum, TimeVal, String, and LDAP_OPT_*
values overlap in a way that doesn't really say "enum" to me.  So
it's reasonably easy to do something, but harder to do it in a way
that's generally useful.

I'm also unsure of the portability of the things I'd propose to add.
I know only the OpenLDAP API, but something about LDAP_OPT_X_TLS
hints that it may be non-standard.

	Donn Cave, donn at drizzle.com