[Haskell-cafe] Re: ldap-haskell questions

Ferenc Wagner wferi at tba.elte.hu
Sat Jul 15 07:07:51 EDT 2006

Donn Cave <donn at drizzle.com> writes:

> On Thu, 13 Jul 2006, Ferenc Wagner wrote:
>> Second, I find no trace of SSL/TLS routines.  Is that really
>> left out, or do I overlook something?
>
> OpenLDAP supports an option LDAP_OPT_X_TLS --
>
>     ldap_set_option Nothing LDAP_OPT_X_TLS LDAP_OPT_X_TLS_DEMAND
>     ldapconnection <- ldap_initialize url
>
> I assume you will find something like that there (the above is
> actually from my own LDAP interface, but since I haven't seen
> any other response to this question ...)

find -type f | xargs grep -i tls
revealed nothing in my ldap-haskell tree.  Isn't your interface
available for the public by chance?

> Have no idea about static binaries, even what that means.  When
> I compile with ghc, I get reasonably static libraries inasmuch
> as there aren't any GHC shared objects, but of course libc is
> shared, as well as anything specified on the link command that
> turns out to be a shared library.  If for example I have both
> a libldap.so and libldap.a and I want to link to the latter (as
> indeed I would), then it's up to me to say so on the link command,
> libldap.a instead of -lldap.  Pardon me if that's obvious!

Perhaps it should have been.  I tried putting -optl -static
on the command line here are there, and that indeed worked
until I started using the LDAP binding.  Erred out
afterwards.  But putting in libldap.a looks like a good
idea, I will try.
--
Thanks,
Feri.