[Haskell-cafe] Using of C constants in Haskell sources; Determining compilation environment (Unix vs Windows)

John Meacham john at repetae.net
Thu Jul 13 19:07:41 EDT 2006

On Wed, Jul 12, 2006 at 04:08:02PM +0400, Bulat Ziganshin wrote:
> I believe that it the simplest way for programmer. But is that the
> best way for users? i want to make building/installation as simple as
> possible using Cabal infrastructure. is it possible that some box will
> have Cabal, but not hsc2hs installed?

hsc2hs should always be installed. it is absolutly needed to write
portable libraries because you can't hard-code c constants or types in
your files and expect them to compile on different systems.

it would be nice if these compiler independent tools hsc2hs, runhaskell,
cabal-install  could be split off into their own project independent of
any particular compiler.

        John

--
John Meacham - ⑆repetae.net⑆john⑈