[Haskell-cafe] Using of C constants in Haskell sources; Determining compilation environment (Unix vs Windows)

Jeremy Shaw jeremy.shaw at linspireinc.com
Wed Jul 12 14:06:37 EDT 2006

At Wed, 12 Jul 2006 16:08:02 +0400,
Bulat Ziganshin wrote:

> I believe that it the simplest way for programmer. But is that the
> best way for users? i want to make building/installation as simple as
> possible using Cabal infrastructure. is it possible that some box will
> have Cabal, but not hsc2hs installed?

I would *guess* that hsc2hs is always distributed with ghc. I know it
is on Linux and BSD -- I am not sure about Windows. If you build ghc
from source, I believe it is automatically built and installed.

If you want to support hugs as well, then they would need hschs-hugs
installed. Debian includes that with hugs by default -- not sure about
anyone else.

j.

ps. Also, if it matters, cpphs is typically *not* available by default
(but cpp probably is).