[Haskell-cafe] Windows Haskell GUI

Jason Dagit dagit at eecs.oregonstate.edu
Wed Jul 5 19:06:20 EDT 2006

I was able to build wxHaskell for ghc 6.5 that ships with
VisualHaskell and I'd say it's worth the little bit of extra work.

I followed the build instructions on the wxHaskell website plus a few
modifications that you can find in this thread:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.haskell.cafe/13383

I like wxWidgets a lot although I am finding that wxGrid controls are
a bit klunky compared to some of the other wx controls I've used.

I can't help with gtk2hs as I haven't tried it yet, but I hear the dev
community is much more alive and very helpful.  My main concerns with
gtk2hs were 1) I need a native look 'n feel 2) ease of distribution
with my application.

HTH,
Jason