[Haskell-cafe] Darcs-synchronisation tool

Christophe Poucet christophe.poucet at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 17:41:56 EDT 2006

Hello,

I typically back up my darcs repositories on different computers.   However
I do always use the same structure for the different "forests" of darcs
repositories.  Lately my laptop charger has died which has led me to
constantly use a usbstick to move these repositories.  Therefore I have
started working on a little tool that will automatically sychronise
similarly laid out darcs-forests.  At the moment it's very
bare-to-the-bones.  IT will only darcs pull from the repositories in one
forest to the other.  I later plan to add options to automatically darcs
init when necessary (another thing which I've personally missed from time to
time).

So, if you find yourself in a similar situation, or you have thoughts,
concerns, comments regarding it, feedback is welcome!

The source can be found at
http://www.notvincenz.com/wiki/uploads/Personal/ApplyDarcs.hs and requires
Neil Mitchell's
http://www.cs.york.ac.uk/fp/darcs/filepath/System/FilePath.hs renamed as