[Haskell-cafe] library(s) for numeric constant folding?

Robert Dockins robdockins at fastmail.fm
Sun Jan 29 17:58:47 EST 2006

Does anyone know of a good library or libraries which will allow me
to perform arithmetic operations on

   1) binary integers (signed and unsigned) of various fixed sizes?
   2) IEEE 754 floating point numbers (single and double precision).

Pure Haskell is preferable, but I'll make do with C bindings.  I need
to do constant folding for integral and floating point types for a
compiler front-end, and I'm hoping that I don't have to write this
stuff myself....

Why not just use Float and Double for 2) you ask?  Because I need to
to EXACTLY IEEE 754 computation, and the Haskell report is pretty
dodgy about what implementations are required to provide.

Rob Dockins

Speak softly and drive a Sherman tank.
           -- TMBG