[Haskell-cafe] Re: Hashtable woes

Jan-Willem Maessen jmaessen at alum.mit.edu
Wed Jan 25 11:48:18 EST 2006

Because Data.HashTable is tied rather specially into the internals of
Data.Typeable (I think I'm getting that right) it's hard to just drop
in a new module with the same name.

But for those eager to tinker, here are two modules for simple hash
tables by table doubling and for multiplicative hashing.  The
interface is identical to Data.HashTable.

When I get time (not for a couple of weeks I fear) I'm planning to
learn cabal and cabalize these and a few other related hash table
modules all under Data.HashTable.* (including a module of tests and a
unifying type class).

-Jan