[Haskell-cafe] Re: Can I use Haskell for web programming

Jared Updike jupdike at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 18:09:58 EST 2006

> Interesting. It's hosted on Haskell site. Do you think I would be
> able to do what you have done in a professional hosting service computer?

If you don't need dynamic web pages, you could develop the pages on
your own machine, generate HTML, etc. and then upload those to the
server of your choice. It may also be possible to deploy just the
compiled binaries (for the appropriate platform, i.e. BSD, Linux,
whatever the host uses) if you need CGI functionality and the hosting
service gives you the OK. I just run Ubuntu Linux (so I can put
whatever packages I need on there) on a machine connected to a DSL
modem and use dynamic DNS to keep the name pointed at my computer, but
I don't have high bandwidth needs. I'm finding Haskell to be a really
nice language for generating webpages, much better than doing things
by hand or even using Python, for example.

  Jared.

--
http://www.updike.org/~jared/
reverse ")-:"