[Haskell-cafe] compiling lazy functional languages

Sam Goldman samgoldman at jhu.edu
Wed Jan 18 13:38:14 EST 2006

Sorry if this is too off-topic for this list.

I'm a hobbyist programmer and I've recently become interested in lazy
functional languages, particularly the optimization strategies available
to them during compilation. I've been playing around with Haskell for
about a year and it has been an excellent resource for me.

I guess my main question is this: what are the x most compelling
directions in optimized compilation for (pure) lazy functional languages
in recent research (where x::Nat is an unevaluated thunk in your head)

- Sam