[Haskell-cafe] Shootout favouring C

Isaac Gouy igouy at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 16 17:26:21 EST 2006

--- Benjamin Franksen <benjamin.franksen at bessy.de>
wrote:
> What is the reason the debian/amd page lists
> different program versions
> than gentoo/intel page? On the former, ghc fails two
> tests (downgrading
> it to rank 4), whereas on the latter, it does not
> and thus has rank 2.

1) Both test machines take programs from the same CVS
repository. They are updated at different times, and
at different frequencies - so they don't always show
the same set of programs.

2) On gentoo/intel we should be showing that the
regex-dna programs have Error - check the output from
each program. (That's a bug in the shootout scripts on
the gentoo/intel machine.)

3) afaict nbody on debian may have the program args
mixed-up- Brent?
nbody.ghc-2.ghc_run %A $MB_GHCRTS (on debian)
nbody.ghc-2.ghc_run $MB_GHCRTS %A (on gentoo)