[Haskell-cafe] Does anybody have a simple example of using continuation Monad?

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Thu Jan 12 18:12:35 EST 2006

I'm struggling with this example:
http://www.nomaware.com/monads/html/contmonad.html#example
After looking at it for the fourth time I got much more.. but still not
enough..

because there are so much new things (when beeing translated into some
kind of
condition ?> thentodo :> elsetodo
which is using ThenElse  ....

It wouldn't be any problem if the next example wasn't using
continuation, too.. and that's about combining monads which is
important, isn't it?

At the tutorial there was mentioned that continuation monads are used
for continuation passing style which I've looked up in wikipedia meaning
something like splitting a task into different parts beeing executed
delayed (for example because of user interaction filling a web form?)

I think one simple example like ((+1).(\x->x**2)) in continuation style
would make me understand a lot more..

Marc