[Haskell-cafe] Help compiling School of Expression graphics library?

Rakesh Malik tamerlin at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 11:25:42 EST 2006

I'm trying to build the GraphicsLib code in Linux, Fedora. I have the
March '05 version of Hugs installed (and ghc, but that doesn't seem to
be relevant to this).

The first bit of puzzlement comes from the error messages I'm getting:
ffihugs +G +L"X_stub_ffi.c" X.hs
Warning: unknown toggle `G'; ignoring.
Warning: unknown toggle `L'; ignoring.
runhugs: Unable to initialise Hugs (Unrecognised option)

Hugs is on my path ($HOME/hugs/bin), and I edited the Makefile to point the
hugs_install home directory to $HOME/hugs. X_dir is correct, it has
lib/libX11.a and
include/X11/X.h.

My gc version is: gcc (GCC) 4.0.0 20050519 (Red Hat 4.0.0-8)
(I don't know whether that's relevant, but just in case.)

Thanks for any help you can provide!