[Haskell-cafe] Project postmortem II /Haskell vs. Erlang/

Bulat Ziganshin bulatz at HotPOP.com
Sun Jan 8 10:26:03 EST 2006

Hello Joel,

JR> Could you give us a bit more detail on this?

forget about this :)  i forget that direct i/o on sockets will block
entire app. GHC organizez its own complex non-blocking machinery

JR> How does using handles involve large memory/CPU pressure?

just look at GHC.Handle, .IO, .IOBase modules

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:bulatz at HotPOP.com