[Haskell-cafe] Chameneos

Josh Goldfoot j_goldfoot at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 6 13:17:45 EST 2006

The use of arithmetic to determine the chameneos compliments may be prohibited by the shootout rules.  Although the benchmark does not address the issue, the C# code, which was written by Isaac Gouy (one of the main shootout administrators) contains these comments before its complement code:

   // don't use arithmetic
   // use if-else or switch/case or pattern-match

If I recall correctly, Gouy's C# code has served as a sort of supplement for other benchmarks; rather than fully describe the benchmark, they'll say something like "implement it like this C# program."  However, I do note that the current Python entry uses arithmetic.  That might have been allowed only because Python doesn't allow enums.  (Or does it?)