[Haskell-cafe] Progress on shootout entries

Chris Kuklewicz haskell at list.mightyreason.com
Tue Jan 3 16:37:44 EST 2006

  Where there were no entries to the
benchmark, there are now two.  The one by Josh Goldfoot is already
posted, the one Einar Karttunen and I optimized has been submitted and
will run faster/smaller.  Our code is at

  Now for improving the fasta benchmark,
http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/benchmark.php?test=fasta&lang=all ,
which currently has a space leak in the Haskell entry.

  A non-leaking version which has been optimized to run 3.5 times faster
is now up at http://haskell.org/hawiki/FastaEntra (ooops..my spelling

  It could still be made to run about 3 times faster, if the other
languages are any guide.  Anyone want to help polish this one?

 Also, two other existing entries have space leaks, as can be seen at

 And finially, the haskel entry for
 is currently the *slowest* entry out of 28 languages.  It is 813x
slower than the c-code, 500x slower than OCaml.  Should be easy to make
it faster...

  Chris Kuklewicz