[Haskell-cafe] Emulating bash pipe/ process lib

Bulat Ziganshin bulatz at HotPOP.com
Thu Feb 9 14:39:16 EST 2006

Hello Donn,

DC> "Slow" devices like pipes, sockets etc. get along fine with Handles
DC> or whatever buffered I/O - as long as you have only one going at a time.
DC> Multiple input sources - like, say you want to read a process' output
DC> (unit 1) and diagnostic output (unit 2) separately, and either one has
DC> the potential to fill up the pipe and block while you're waiting for
DC> input on the other pipe - buffers at least complicate the dispatching
DC> mechanics you need for this, if not make it impossible.

are you tried LineBuffering and NoBuffering? seem that it is developed
exactly for this case (plus for terminals)

Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:bulatz at HotPOP.com