[Haskell-cafe] FFI question

Donn Cave donn at drizzle.com
Thu Feb 9 12:27:00 EST 2006

On Thu, 9 Feb 2006, Christopher Brown wrote:
> Frederico,
>
> Have you tried using Green Card?
>
> http://haskell.org/greencard/
>
> It is basically a foreign function pre-processor for Haskell. It
> allows your Haskell programs to interface with C libraries in a very
> straight forward way.

I tried it, and managed to get it working to some extent.  Then
I found out about hsc2hs and the current FFI support in ghc, and
I noticed that according to http://www.haskell.org/greencard/ ,
the current version of Green Card is an alpha release from 2003.

>From comparison of the two, my impression is that this parrot is
dead, and everyone is just too polite to say so.  Unfortunately,
this inability to pull the shades on Green Card, Haskell Direct,
etc., takes away a little from ghc's outstanding FFI.

	Donn Cave, donn at drizzle.com