[Haskell-cafe] Re: Fast Mutable Variables for the IO and ST monads

Bulat Ziganshin bulatz at HotPOP.com
Wed Feb 8 02:12:53 EST 2006

Hello oleg,

Wednesday, February 08, 2006, 8:37:55 AM, you wrote:
>> I suggest you follow the same scheme as the unboxed array types, and
>> have IOURef/STURef types, parameterised over the element type.  Of
>> course, we should have instances for all of the primitive numeric types
>> plus Ptr, ForeignPtr, StablePtr, Bool.

opc> Perhaps it may be worth to introduce a class Unpackable as described
opc> at the end of
opc>   http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/haskell-cafe/2004-July/006400.html

opc> so we may define STUArray as an instance of MArray, and other similar
opc> unpackable things easier?

btw, there is a class Storable. although it serves diffrent purposes,
at least the members are the same

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:bulatz at HotPOP.com