[Haskell-cafe] Re[2]: strict Haskell dialect

Bulat Ziganshin bulatz at HotPOP.com
Mon Feb 6 04:37:47 EST 2006

Hello John,

Monday, February 06, 2006, 10:58:06 AM, you wrote:

>> I must admit I'm a bit confused as to why the strictness annotations in
>> Haskell (and Clean) are only allowed in data declarations and not function
>> declarations

JM> data Foo = Bar !Int !Char

JM> the bangs arn't being assosiated with the Int and Char types, but rather
JM> the Bar data constructor.

foo :: !Int -> !Int

bangs are also associated with type of foo, is not? :)

and Clean already has this sort of annotations

Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:bulatz at HotPOP.com