[Haskell-cafe] Why is $ right associative instead ofleftassociative?

Tomasz Zielonka tomasz.zielonka at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 12:04:07 EST 2006

On Sun, Feb 05, 2006 at 09:12:48AM -0500, Lennart Augustsson wrote:
> I now think :: for type signatures was a bad mistake.
> I don't use lists very much.  They are not the right data structure
> for many things.

> In my opinion all the special syntactic sugar for lists should go
> away.  I don't think lists are special enough to motivate it.

I was going to disagree with you, but maybe you are right. Lists are
very special (IMO), but we could live without the special [] syntax.

But I guess we will agree to have some kind of special syntax for list
comprehensions, be it []-comprehensions or monad comprehensions.

PS. Lisp people are laughing at us, but I don't care ;-)

Best regards
Tomasz

--
I am searching for programmers who are good at least in
(Haskell || ML) && (Linux || FreeBSD || math)