[Haskell-cafe] Literate Haskell source files. How do I turn them into something I can read?

Michael T. Richter ttmrichter at gmail.com
Sun Dec 31 05:05:32 EST 2006

On Sat, 2006-30-12 at 17:13 +0000, Tony Finch wrote:
> > Apparently the GHC compiler can take .lhs files, strip them with "unlit"
> > (a utility which I finally found buried deep in the GHC installation --
> > off-path) and then compile them normally.  The problem I have is that
> > unlit leaves behind instead these huge gaping (and highly distracting)
> > stretches of whitespace while it takes out the markup.

> uniq will solve this part of your problem, but you're probably taking the
> wrong approach to the wider problem.

So what is the right approach (and, for that matter, what is the wider
problem)?

--
Michael T. Richter
Email: ttmrichter at gmail.com, mtr1966 at hotpop.com
MSN: ttmrichter at hotmail.com, mtr1966 at hotmail.com; YIM:
michael_richter_1966; AIM: YanJiahua1966; ICQ: 241960658; Jabber:
mtr1966 at jabber.cn

"I think it is very beautiful for the poor to accept their lot [...]. I
think the world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor
people." --Mother Theresa