Statistics on library imports (was: Re: [Haskell-cafe] Is there a printable copy of the (GHC) library references anywhere?)

Henk-Jan van Tuyl hjgtuyl at chello.nl
Thu Dec 28 16:52:14 EST 2006

About the usefulness of libraries: I just made some statistics
on imports in Haskell code; I have a lot of Haskell source code
on my disk (mostly downloaded).
In the following table, the number on the left indicates the
number of imports found for each library.

Top twenty of imports:

  418 Data.List
  417 System.IO
  288 Data.Char