[Haskell-cafe] Is there [...] Where to find most haskell libraries I know of

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Thu Dec 28 10:25:46 EST 2006

> For example (not a wonderful example, as I know the answer :-)) if I'm
> writing a program and I need to build a parser, what's to tell me
> (apart from asking around, or stumbling on it) that Parsec is the
> library I want - or if I know that, that it's included in the standard
> library and I don't need to go and install it?

Thus you need a list of availible libraries to get to know wether they
will fit your needs...

The only "index" I know of is www.haskell.org -> link Applications and
libraries ...

Another way would be goto darcs.haskell.org and browse the folders. Many
libs are located there (of course not all)

Another "list of libraries" can be found in gentoo portage overlay
http://haskell.org/~gentoo/gentoo-haskell

Some standard packages can be found in one source file eg
Some additional libraries can be found here
http://www.haskell.org/ghc/dist/current/dist/  -> *extra-libs*

If this and google didn't help you I would ask ;)

Marc Weber