Stronger static types, was Re: [Haskell-cafe] Re: Versioning

Lennart Augustsson lennart at augustsson.net
Fri Dec 22 09:38:19 EST 2006

Yes, Bluespec has efficient type level naturals.  But it only has
arithmetic and some trivial decision procedures.  The slogan is "the
type checker knows arithmetic, not algebra".
It worked pretty well.  But you soon get into situations where you
need polymorphic recursion of functions with type level naturals.  It
needs careful consideration (I never implemented that for Bluespec).

	-- Lennart