[Haskell-cafe] Re: Versioning

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 14:41:56 EST 2006

Hi

> True, though it would be even better if the "usual" extensions were more
> widely supported, though I suppose identifying what's useful and therefore
> worth supporting is the point of the Haskell Prime process.

Exactly the reason for Haskell Prime.

> As an aside I've often thought it would be better if the various components
> of Haskell compilers/tools would be separated out so that people could
> effectively build their own compiler tailored more specifically for their
> needs.

http://neilmitchell.blogspot.com/2006/12/bhc-basic-haskell-compiler.html

I thought the same thing. Note that Yhc already has a lightweight API
for manipulating Yhc.Core files and one for Yhc.Bytecode files. Things
are moving in that direction slowly. There is also the GHC API
approach.

Thanks

Neil