[Haskell-cafe] How to serialize thunks?

Tomasz Zielonka tomasz.zielonka at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 10:30:45 EST 2006

On Wed, Dec 20, 2006 at 11:03:42PM +0100, Joachim Durchholz wrote:
> If yes: are there workarounds? I'd really like to be able to use
> infinite data structures in the data that I serialize.

There is an interesting technique thay allows you to serialize infinite,
lazy or functional values: don't try to describe how those values look,
but how they came to be. In a purely functional language it's easy to
guarantee that you will get the same value each time you "replay" it's
creation. Those who used WASH/CGI should know what I mean.

Best regards
Tomasz