[Haskell-cafe] Timer with Haskell GUI application

asilovy asilovy at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 21 04:55:42 EST 2006

Hi all,

I'm still trying to figure out why, in the Graphics.HGL library, is the
timer not treated as the other events (mouse clics, key pressing... ?

For instance see :
http://haskell.org/ghc/docs/latest/html/libraries/HGL/Graphics-HGL-Window.html

As I understand, the timer in a HGL GUI application must be treated by
waiting for a tick to occur (rather than doing useful things and being
warned with maybeGetWindowEvent if one occurs). This sounds stupid to me and
gives rise to non responding situations.

Im a misunderstanding something ? Is it a weakness of HGL and does it force
me to change all my approach and turn to another library ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Alain