[Haskell-cafe] Shrinking the Prelude: The "categorical" approach

Greg Fitzgerald garious at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 17:40:36 EST 2006

> Wouldn't this raise the same problems monad comprehensions raise?

The do-notation isn't specific to IO, yet it is the only thing beginners use
it for.  Do beginners have noticeably more trouble with the do-notation
errors than list comprehension errors?

As someone who learned Haskell fairly recently, I never really read the
compiler errors.  I looked for the line number, and whether it was a type
error or syntax error.  The rest might as well have been Greek, and I was
fine with that.

Thanks,
Greg